Skip to main content

Patriotic Piece 2018

Following in Father's Footsteps. Pencil and Charcoal. 2018

For my patriotic piece, I decided to draw a portrait using pencil. My father was in the marine corps before I was born and he has told me many stories of his time in the service. He told me those stories in order to, educate me on how life can be tough and difficulty of marine training. As I grew older, I have never had an interest into going into the service but I thought how it would be if like if I did. The girl was not originally supposed to resemble me, but she ended up looking similar to me. I had different plans for the background of the portrait but, given the limited time, I was not able to do an elaborate background. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porcelain Clay with Layered Glaze. 2019

Memories Live On. Pencil and Charcoal. 2020

Memories Live On. Pencil and Charcoal. 2020 For the last patriotic piece of my high school career, I decided to create a pencil drawing portraying a girl holding a metal marine button. I enjoy playing some of my family history into my art pieces so, that's exactly what I did for this piece. For the little girl portrayed in the drawing, I used one of Lee Jeffries photographs. I chose his photographs because of the way the people portrayed such great emotion in each photo. The whole piece is supposed to symbolize children of lost soldiers having a piece of remembrance of their father or mother. Since my father was a marine for several years, this piece has some significance to me since she is the daughter of a marine.

Natural Self Portrait. Pencil. 2019

Natural Self-Portrait. Pencil. 2019 I have always created at least one drawing throughout every year of high school, for my last year of high school I decided I was going to challenge myself. I love drawing faces and I have not attempted to draw a full-on self-portrait so I decided to challenge myself and draw a big drawing of myself close up with no make-up on. It was hard not to draw things that I deemed ugly so I did not want to draw but in the end, everyone has imperfections that they have to except.