Skip to main content

Falling for you (Acrylic Paint on Canvasboard) 2016



Falling for You. Acrylic Paint on Canvasboard. 2016.
This artwork I have made has a lot of meaning. I wanted to get across to people that they have to appreciate the little things in life, like the grass getting greener or leaves falling and turning colors. I look forward to the seasons. As autumn comes, the scenery outside takes me away from electronics, people, and really lets me enjoy the fresh air and the colors of the leaves falling. I also thought that the colors of the leaves can resemble the human skin. In society today, people judge people for who they are. People may be they are heavier than others have a different skin color than most,  but this does not mean they are different on the inside. All of the leaves are unique, people are unique.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories Live On. Pencil and Charcoal. 2020

Memories Live On. Pencil and Charcoal. 2020 For the last patriotic piece of my high school career, I decided to create a pencil drawing portraying a girl holding a metal marine button. I enjoy playing some of my family history into my art pieces so, that's exactly what I did for this piece. For the little girl portrayed in the drawing, I used one of Lee Jeffries photographs. I chose his photographs because of the way the people portrayed such great emotion in each photo. The whole piece is supposed to symbolize children of lost soldiers having a piece of remembrance of their father or mother. Since my father was a marine for several years, this piece has some significance to me since she is the daughter of a marine.
Staying Beautiful. Linocut. 2018.  For my piece Staying Beautiful, I challenged myself to create something out of my comfort zone. I wanted to take a risk and do a linocut print with one of my dawnings in my sketchbook. I wanted to communicate simplicity and just a reminder of the little beautiful things in life. 

Love me, love me not (Porcelain Clay with Glaze and String)

Love me, love me not.  Porcelain Clay with Glaze and String. 2016. I wanted to show how once a person lift the pot, the petals of the flower are hanging by a thread, hence it is a clay and string piece. Therefore, when one puts it back on its base, the flower is put back together. It resembles a relationship.