Skip to main content

Falling for you (Acrylic Paint on Canvasboard) 2016



Falling for You. Acrylic Paint on Canvasboard. 2016.
This artwork I have made has a lot of meaning. I wanted to get across to people that they have to appreciate the little things in life, like the grass getting greener or leaves falling and turning colors. I look forward to the seasons. As autumn comes, the scenery outside takes me away from electronics, people, and really lets me enjoy the fresh air and the colors of the leaves falling. I also thought that the colors of the leaves can resemble the human skin. In society today, people judge people for who they are. People may be they are heavier than others have a different skin color than most,  but this does not mean they are different on the inside. All of the leaves are unique, people are unique.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porcelain Clay with Layered Glaze. 2019

Memories Live On. Pencil and Charcoal. 2020

Memories Live On. Pencil and Charcoal. 2020 For the last patriotic piece of my high school career, I decided to create a pencil drawing portraying a girl holding a metal marine button. I enjoy playing some of my family history into my art pieces so, that's exactly what I did for this piece. For the little girl portrayed in the drawing, I used one of Lee Jeffries photographs. I chose his photographs because of the way the people portrayed such great emotion in each photo. The whole piece is supposed to symbolize children of lost soldiers having a piece of remembrance of their father or mother. Since my father was a marine for several years, this piece has some significance to me since she is the daughter of a marine.

Natural Self Portrait. Pencil. 2019

Natural Self-Portrait. Pencil. 2019 I have always created at least one drawing throughout every year of high school, for my last year of high school I decided I was going to challenge myself. I love drawing faces and I have not attempted to draw a full-on self-portrait so I decided to challenge myself and draw a big drawing of myself close up with no make-up on. It was hard not to draw things that I deemed ugly so I did not want to draw but in the end, everyone has imperfections that they have to except.